Summary of workshop
Our one-day workshop covers the fundamental skills of mentoring. Participants will learn how to clarify the role of mentoring, define the process from contracting to evaluation, and contract well to ensure an impactful mentoring relationship.
What will be covered?
- Clarify the role of mentoring – what it is and isn’t
- Develop advanced skills such as active listening, questioning techniques, reframing, and developmental feedback to enhance coaching and mentoring abilities
- Build rapport and respectfully challenge assumptions, perceptions, and limiting beliefs to widen perspectives and generate more options
- Define the process, from contracting to evaluation
- How to contract well to ensure an impactful mentoring relationship – including clarity, expectations, conduct and ethics
- Apply mentoring models for effective developmental conversations
This course is ideal for:
Postgraduate doctors, Allied Health Care Professionals, Trainers, Supervisors, SAS, Education leads, Tutor/TPD’s,
Senior Faculty, Appraisers.