Summary of workshop
This course is ideal for healthcare professionals who want to improve the quality of care they provide to their patients by using the latest research evidence to inform their decision-making. With a focus on clinical questions and research, this course aims to equip learners with the knowledge and tools necessary to apply the principles of evidence-based medicine in their practice.
What will be covered?
- Introduction to the five principles of evidence-based medicine
- Understanding and applying the PICO framework to clinical questions
- Basic appraisal of three key study designs: RCTs, systematic review/meta-analysis, diagnostic test accuracy studies
- Critical appraisal of research articles using appropriate tools
- Introduction to research ethics and practical issues involved in developing research studies
- Understanding and interpreting statistical measures commonly used in clinical research
- Developing skills in evidence synthesis and application of evidence to practice
Through interactive lectures, discussions and practical exercises, participants will have the opportunity to develop their skills in critical appraisal, evidence synthesis and application of evidence to clinical practice.
This course is ideal for:
Postgraduate doctors, SAS, local employed doctors, consultants, and allied healthcare professionals
Learning Outcomes are amended for the three hour session