Summary of workshop
A full-day programme mapped to the GMC endorsed Academy of Medical Educators professional standards for educators. The workshop will be led by experienced supervisors who have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in this area. Participants will have the opportunity to engage in interactive discussions, case-based scenarios, and role-playing activities to enhance their learning.
What will be covered?
- Clarifying the roles and responsibilities of Educational and Clinical Supervisors
- Reflecting on the challenges of the role and exploring strategies to effectively support postgraduate doctors
- Encouraging trainees to reflect safely and effectively on their practice and any critical incidents
- Providing constructive educational feedback to trainees
- Creating a supportive learning environment and identifying ways to optimize it
- Identifying factors that can impact trainee performance and how to manage them
- Supporting trainees constructively when there are potential performance concerns
- An overview of the Portfolio, ARCP, and workplace assessment methods
- Understanding what makes a good supervisor’s report
- Identifying your future CPD needs as a supervisor
This course is ideal for:
Consultants, SAS, and senior trainees looking to become Educational or Clinical Supervisors and existing supervisors requiring a more comprehensive update.
GMC Approved AoME domains – 1-7
Effective training by success in GMC survey
“Simon and his team recently provided some workshops for a department in my hospital on creating a positive learning environment and reflective practice. This really enhanced the change in culture for training and education in the department. It showed in our GMC results for that department which went from multiple red outliers in the previous GMC survey to completely white/no outliers in the latest one.”
Director of Medical Education, London based Hospital