A program to equip experienced appraisers with the skills to support their colleagues’ professional development and reflection on practice. The workshop provides appraisers with the tools they need to provide a meaningful appraisal, both in-person and remotely, enhancing their ability to provide sensitive and productive feedback and support.
What will be covered?
- Using appraisal as a means to help support colleagues reflect on their own wellbeing and adapt to challenges in their practice
- Enhanced communication skills for an effective appraisal
- Practice challenging the non-clinical issues, identifying a learning need, and creating a PDP
- Defining a good PDP and review some examples
- Discuss issues & concerns that have arisen in the role as an appraiser
We understand the importance of creating a safe and supportive space for appraisers to discuss the issues and concerns appraisers face in their roles. Our experienced trainers who are actual medical appraisers will guide participants through the process of identifying and addressing any challenges, ensuring they are well-equipped to provide the support their colleagues need.
This course is ideal for:
Existing medical appraisers