Summary of Workshop
This workshop will provide a comprehensive overview of education theory, learning needs analysis, and different teaching strategies and modalities. Participants will also have the opportunity to apply their learning through micro-teaching practice and structured education encounters.
Through this workshop, participants will learn how to deliver engaging and interactive virtual workshops on popular platforms like Zoom and Teams. By the end of the session, they will have a better understanding of the benefits of virtual workshops and how to design and deliver content that is optimized for the online environment.
In addition, participants will gain confidence in navigating the advanced features of these platforms, including screen sharing, chat, voting polls, breakout rooms, whiteboards, and streaming video cases. With these skills in their toolkit, they will be able to deliver impactful virtual workshops that keep your learners engaged and motivated.
What will be covered?
Design and planning of learning activities
- Plan and provide effective education and training activities
- Describe how the principles of learning and teaching are incorporated into educational developments
- Demonstrate awareness of different ways of learning and teaching
- Show how the needs of learners are considered
- Demonstrate awareness of the need to define what is to be learned
- Demonstrate awareness of a range of learning methods, experiences, and resources and how they may be used effectively
Teaching and facilitating learning
- Describe basic educational theories and principles
- Create effective learning opportunities for learners and doctors in training
- Appropriately use a broad range of educational methods and technologies to achieve intended learning outcomes
- Outline the purpose and importance of seeking, receiving, and responding to feedback about learning and teaching
Use of online platforms
- Enhance your understanding of the benefits and advantages of virtual workshops to maximize the learning potential
- Develop your knowledge and skills in designing engaging and interactive teaching methods that are specifically tailored for the online environment
- Gain confidence in navigating the various virtual platforms available and utilising their advanced features
This course is ideal for:
Trainees, Allied Health Care Professionals, Trainers, Supervisors, SAS, Education leads, Tutor/TPD’s, Senior Faculty, Appraisers.
GMC Approved AoME domains – 3