Summary of Workshop
This workshop is designed for doctors who are responsible for supervising and supporting medical trainees and healthcare professionals. Led by experienced medical educators, this workshop will provide participants with practical tools and techniques to support trainees and doctors in a variety of situations.
What will be covered?
- Feel more confident supporting trainees involved in incidents
- Facilitate a reflective practice discussion and support trainees to document their reflections safely
- List common human factors/non-technical skills in clinical context
- Describe how internal and external factors can impact negatively on performance
- Examine what steps can mitigate for adverse events/error during periods of potential high risk
- Apply this awareness and understanding to make everyday practice safer and more effective
This course is ideal for:
Trainers, Supervisors, SAS, Education leads, Tutor/TPD’s, Senior Faculty, Appraisers
GMC Approved AoME domains – 1,3,5,6,7