Summary of Workshop
This session is designed to provide supervisors with the necessary tools to support trainees who are returning to training after a period of absence, as well as those who are completing their training while working less than full time (LTFT).
What will be covered?
- Develop an individualised return-to-work plan that takes into account the trainee’s needs, abilities, and any limitations resulting from their absence
- Provide adequate supervision and support to ensure that the trainee feels comfortable and confident in their role and is able to perform their duties competently
- Offer additional training or resources as needed to help the trainee refresh their knowledge and skills, or to provide them with new knowledge or skills that they may have missed during their absence
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the process for supporting the transition to LTFT training
- Recognise the challenges and advantages for doctors working LTFT
- Develop effective learning objectives and work schedules for doctors working LTFT
This course is ideal for:
Trainers, Supervisors, SAS, Education leads, Tutor/TPD’s, Senior Faculty, Appraisers.
GMC Approved AoME domains – 1,2,5,6,7