Summary of workshop
The workshop aims to equip attendees with skills to provide effective feedback, manage challenging conversations, and support reflective practice.
What will be covered?
- Demonstrate the ability to give constructive feedback that is tailored to the educational context
- Support individuals to reflect safely on their practice and critical incidents, enabling them to develop a deeper understanding of their strengths and areas for improvement
- Appreciate the factors that can impact an individual’s performance and how to address them in a supportive and constructive manner
- Develop increased self-awareness and understanding, through learning and feedback received, which will enable attendees to communicate with greater clarity and assertiveness
- Develop skills in assertive communication to effectively manage challenging conversations and achieve positive outcomes
- Overall, the workshop aims to equip attendees with practical skills and strategies to provide effective feedback, support reflective practice, and manage challenging conversations with confidence and professionalism.
This course is ideal for:
Trainees, Trainers, Supervisors, SAS, Education leads, Tutor/TPD’s, Senior Faculty, Appraisers.
GMC Approved AoME domains – 2,5,6,7
Effective training by success in GMC survey
“Simon and his team recently provided some workshops for a department in my hospital on creating a positive learning environment and reflective practice. This really enhanced the change in culture for training and education in the department. It showed in our GMC results for that department which went from multiple red outliers in the previous GMC survey to completely white/no outliers in the latest one.”
Director of Medical Education, London based Hospital