DoctorsTraining has been delivering training courses for new appraiser along with annual updates now for over 10 years with a number of regular NHS Trusts.
Through our network of experienced and highly skilled facillitaors we are able offer a wide range of training programmes for new and existing appraisers.
New Appraiser Training Programme – 2 days
We deliver a 2 day practical Interactive & thought provoking programme based on the materials provided by the Revalidation Support Team and NHS England.
Over the 2 days we provides lots of practical advice and the opportunity for new appraisers to develop the necessary knowledge & skills to be confident facilitating a high quality and valuable appraisal.
- What makes a good appraisal
- Qualities of a good appraiser and the competency framework
- Purpose of appraisal and the purpose of revalidation
- Role of the Responsible Officer (RO)
- Good Medical Practice
- Supporting information
- Appraisal output summaries and 5 Key Statements
- Conducting a professional appraisal
- Enhanced communication in appraisal
- Conducting an appraisal – real practice
- The outputs and and sign off statements
- Appraisal summary write up
- Challenging appraisals
- Local processes
Ongoing Support and Updates for Existing Appraisers
We have a range of half and full day workshops for existing appraisers to update their skills and catch up with the latest changes in appraisal and revalidation.
Contact us if you would like to find out more about or bespoke design service or wish to commission one of our existing programmes.
Training and support for doctors by doctors
Who else fully appreciates the context and challenges of doctors?