DoctorsTraining has been delivering courses and bespoke programmes now for over 10 years with a number of regular NHS Trusts and clients at Health Education England.
Through our network of experienced and highly skilled medical education facilitators we are able offer a wide range of professional development courses and consultation services.
We offer a wide range of development days and bespoke programme for SAS doctors. These include a number of half day sessions, full day workshops or 5-6 day courses.
The SAS Doctor as an Educator
Improve your teaching skills, build confidence with feedback and supervision of the wider
- An Introduction to Teaching and Learning
- On the Job teaching for SAS doctors
- Workplace Based Assessments & Giving Feedback
- Undertaking Clinical Supervision
- How to be an Educational Supervisor
Supporting the SAS Doctor and Self-care
Improve your ability to recognise and support a doctor in difficulty. Develop strategies for self-care and building a supportive work environment.
- Recognising & Supporting a Doctor in difficulty
- Effects of Health, Illness, Stress and Fatigue on Work
- Strategies for self-care
- Changing Behaviours in the workplace
The SAS Doctor and Career Development
Time to reflect on your own career development and enhance interview & communications skills.
- Developing your portfolio & Preparing for CESR
- Interview & Advanced Communication Skills
An Introduction to Coaching & mentoring for the SAS Doctor
Become skilled as a mentor or coach and improve your ability to support and guide others.
- Describe the similarities and differences between coaching and mentoring approaches.
- Apply a coaching model to structure coaching conversations.
- Adopt a ‘progress focused’ approach
- Demonstrate enhanced active listening, appropriate questioning, reframing, summarising/ reflecting to enable non-directive, empowering and dynamic dialogue within a coaching/mentoring framework.
- Build rapport and respectfully challenge assumptions, perceptions and limiting beliefs to enable wider perspectives and generate more options.
The Role of the SAS Doctor in the developing NHS
Have a better understanding of the structures, finances of the NHS and how to influence and manage change.
- The new Structure of the NHS & workplace culture
- Influencing & Managing Change in the NHS
- Finance within the NHS
Management & Leadership profiles and the SAS Doctor
An ideal introduction to start to understand your own leadership style and further enhance this with news skills and insight.
- Compare and contrast leadership & management in the NHS & clarify your role
- Analyse the Medical Leadership Competency Framework and consider how to apply it for personal and team development
- Describe different leadership styles and consider your personal style
- Identify ways to engage with others to improve clinical services and patient care
We also offer a design service to set up a suite of courses to meet a diverse range of needs.
Practical Approach to Medical law & Ethics
Develop a practical understanding and application of medical law and ethics to your practice
- Framework for the basic principles of medical ethics
- Understand and apply the legal framework that relates to medical practice
- Clarify the five key principles of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Understand the role of a Power of Attorney & Advance Directives
Become a new appraiser or attend one of our update session for existing appraisers
- What is appraisal and what makes a good appraiser?
- What’s needed for appraisal in revalidation framework
- Conducting an appraisal
- Listening, questioning skills & giving feedback
- Professional judgment of supporting information
- Effective Personal Development Plans
- Managing the difficult appraisal
- Documenting the Summary of Appraisal
- Quality Assurance of Appraisal
Develop a deep understanding of how human factors influence performance, patient safety and quality of care in the NHS.
- Improve your non-technical skills
- CRM- crisis resource management – (Leadership, communication and teamwork)
- Improve Situational awareness
- Manage your own and others performance and behaviours under stress
- Awareness of hierarchy gradients and barriers to effective communication
- Appreciation of system errors and contributing factors when exploring error
Contact us if you would like to find out more about or bespoke design service or wish to commission one of our existing programmes.
Training and support for doctors by doctors
Who else fully appreciates the context and challenges of doctors?